30.6.10

july, july!

i've been looking forward to july 2010 for a long while. my much-awaited journey to France and Monaco is finally almost here! June was kind of an odd month--the days seemed to go by quickly, but it feels like June lasted much longer than it should have. Strange.
I do have some goals for the beginning of a new month!
-Read all of Jane Austen's wonderful novels. She is one of my favorite authors, and i haven't had the pleasure of rereading them for fun in years. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite [how typical!]--most likely because of Elizabeth Bennet's biting wit and Mr. Darcy ^_^
-Eat more fruits and veggies--i've even found some great recipes for green smoothies, so now i can make my own instead of buying them from Whole Foods!
-Keep practicing my guitar
-Dust off my sewing machine and make something
-a possible trip down to Austin, TX
This is still one of my favorite movies:

it reminds me of Salinger's novel Franny and Zooey so much. love.
and i cannot wait for this one to come out!

i love kids' movies like this. I saw Toy Story 3 last week and it was amazing. It was very poignant, bringing up issues of abandonment, the process of growing old, and loyalty. and yes, i admit that it made me shed a few tears. i completely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment